Enter the sweepstakes at the bottom of this article.
The Gun: Weatherby Vanguard High Country in 6.5 Creedmoor
The first thing you’ll notice about about the Vanguard High Country, aside from Weatherby’s legendary fit and finish, is the stock. The Monte Carlo design, complete with a right-side palm swell and textured forearm and grip areas, is appointed with Tan & Green Accents.
- All Vanguard rifles are guaranteed to shoot a 3-shot group of .99” or less at 100 yards (SUB-MOA) from a cold barrel when used with Weatherby® factory or premium ammunition within Two-Years of Verified Purchase Date to Original Purchaser.
- Accubrake ST Included On All Calibers
- Adjustable Match Quality, Two-stage Trigger
- Fluted Bolt Body
- One-piece Machined Bolt Body
- Fully Enclosed Bolt Sleeve
- Vanguard Recoil Pad
- 3-Position Safety
- Cold Hammer Forged Barrel
- Integral Recoil Lug
- Hinged Floorplate
- Monte Carlo stock features textured forearm and grip areas, right side palm swell
- Black Base Stock with Tan & Green Accents
BARREL AND METALWORK:
- #2 contour, fluted barrel
- Barrel length is 26″ (28″ OAL with Accubrake) for magnum chamberings & 24″ (26″ OAL with Accubrake) for non-magnum
- Flat Dark Earth Cerakote® finish on all metalwork for exceptional weather and corrosion resistance.
- Accubrake comes standard: 1/2×28 standard thread pitch with seamless thread protector
The Optic: Vortex Razor HD LHT 3-15x42 in MRAD
One scope to rule them all. From dark-timber whitetails, to executing precision long-range shots on an open-country mule deer, and everything in between - there’s the lightweight, second focal plane Razor HD LHT. Stunning, High Definition optical system delivers a crystal-clear sight picture with tack-sharp resolution. Turn every second of legal shooting light into opportunity. Take to the field with confidence knowing you’ve sacrificed nothing with the Razor HD LHT.
- Tube Size 30 mm diameter provides maximized internal adjustment and strength.
- Single-Piece Tube Maximizes alignment for improved accuracy and optimum visual performance, as well as ensures strength and waterproofness.
- Aircraft-Grade Aluminum Constructed from a solid block of aircraft-grade aluminum for strength and rigidity.
- ArmorTek ® Ultra-hard, scratch-resistant coating protects exterior lenses from scratches, oil and dirt.
- Waterproof O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust and debris from penetrating for reliable performance in all environments.
- Shockproof Rugged construction withstands recoil and impact.
- Fogproof Argon gas purging prevents internal fogging over a wide range of temperatures.
- Matte Anodized Finish Corrosion and wear resistant anodization provides low-glare matte surface and helps camouflage the shooter's position.
- Locking Elevation Turret Integrated locking mechanism prevents accidental adjustments. Elevation turret provides fast, accurate, easily read elevation adjustments. Patent pending.
- Large Diameter Capped Windage Turret Provide fast, accurate and easily read windage adjustments. Cap provides external protection for windage turret.
- Magnification 3-15x
- Objective Lens Diameter 42 mm
- Eye Relief 3.8 inches
- Field of View 35.3-7.0 ft/100 yds
- Tube Size 30 mm
- Elevation Turret Style Locking/Zero Stop
- Windage Turret Style Capped
- Adjustment Graduation .25 MOA
- Travel Per Rotation 15 MOA
- Max Elevation Adjustment 80 MOA
- Max Windage Adjustment 80 MOA
- Parallax Setting 20 yards to infinity
- Length 13.3 inches
- Weight 19.1 oz
The Ammo: Black Hills Gold 6.5 Creedmoor Ammo 120 Grain GMX
Black Hills Gold 6.5 Creedmoor Ammo 120 Grain GMX ammo review offers the following information; American made and produce in South Dakota, Black Hills ammo was developed by a law enforcement agent who believed all ammunition should be designed and inspected before being put out on the market; currently all ammunition put out on the market by Black Hills goes through a detailed inspection before leaving the factory.
Well recognized throughout the shooting industry for merging the finest components available and developing the best ammunition out on the market today. Used by all 4 branches of the Military, Black Hills ammo has earned the reputation as one of the most reliable ammo brand to go with, no matter what the caliber is but specifically the 6.5 Creedmoor ammo. Black Hills produces factory new ammunition equal to some of the best hand loads and is quickly becoming one of most popular manufacturers of ammunition.
- Caliber: 6.5 Creedmoor
- Bullet Weight: 115 Grains
- Muzzle Energy: 2900 fps
The Range Bag: Elite Survival Systems Elite Range Bag
These tactical gun range bags are the toughest on the market... period. High quality materials and unrivaled American craftsmanship ensure that these handgun range bags for sale will endure decades of hard use, delivering the superior performance you’ve come to expect from all Elite Survival Systems® products.
- 1000 denier nylon body with heavy-duty YKK #10 zippers
- Wrap-around carry handles and 2” comfort-padded shoulder strap
- Dual zipper design provides fast access and easy closure
- Fortified inner tote lifts out to allow quick access to your gear
- Twin padded compartments protect firearms from scratches and damage
- Large front pocket with velcro loop lining for attaching additional pouches
- Modular velcro hook magazine pouch holds up to 6 magazines
- Large, flat zippered exterior pocket
- MOLLE webbing on one end for attaching accessories
- Coyote colored interior allows for better visibility of contents
- Available in 2 sizes, see chart below for dimensions
- Range gear bag made in the USA
Enter here if you are having trouble entering the sweepstakes on this page.
How Does “Free Gun Friday” Work?
We’ve partnered with a different manufacturer for every month of 2020.
For the first Friday of every month, we’ll announce the new giveaway gun. On that day, we’ll open up the sweepstakes for readers to enter and win the gun. We’ll also release our first video on the gun, where you can learn about what you’re entering to win.
On the second and third Fridays of each month, we’ll release two more videos showing the gun in action. Our experts have taken it to the range and run it through drills to make sure it’s ready to rock by the time it gets to you.
Which brings us to the last day of the month when the sweepstakes ends. The next week we will select a winner and send out an email notifying the lucky reader.